ODSC rides are planned with specific Covid-19 restrictions
external page content
ODSC.ON.CA Board-wide Policies
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any
generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every
message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the
views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster
(except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening,
sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so
may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider
being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these
conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum
have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
As a user, you agree to any information you have entered, being stored in a database.
While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, the
webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking
attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
cookies do not contain any of the information you enter, they serve only to
improve your viewing experience. Your email address is used only for confirming your
registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your
current one). Important emails may be sent from the ODSC executive on occasion.
This document is designed to clarify various responsibilities of community members here at
www.odsc.on.ca. Please read it and become familiar with it. The terms are retroactive and
agreed to by team and group members.
Section 1. Forum rules
1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions
before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see
2. Users should post in a way that is respectful to other people, site users, members and the
public at large. Flaming or abusing others in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a
3. Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which
contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a
member of the Moderator Team. Only comment on the post when a moderator team member has not
replied within 6 hours.
4. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or
generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to
or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission will
receive a warning and their post will be removed.
6. Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline
([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not
received permission to link to may be removed.
7. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should
not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users
should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users
consistently abusing this will be warned.
8. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of
bad titles include: "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "Where is the ride?", etc.
9. ODSC membership is required in order to post events in the Casual Rides forum (non-members are
allowed to reply).
10. Members should only post content related to the specified forums and overall content of the
odsc.on.ca web site. Posts of any content not related to the sport or the club may be removed.
11. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services
(charged and free), installation services, etc. Users posting spam will be warned and their post
removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
12. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any
time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these
points is up to Team Members and not users. All complaints about posts are to be done directly
to moderators via PM.
13. The above forum rules, where applicable, also apply to private messaging (conversations).
Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of
14. No posting any complaints about the club, or any organization without stepping forward to
provide a practical and workable solution or volunteering to help with a solution provided by
others. In other words, complaints are welcome, but must be accompanied by a willingness to
help solve/implement the solution. Complaining for the sake of complaining can or will subject the
post to review and possible removal. Complaints are best handled by Private Message (PM).
15. No disrespectful or complaint posting about any dealers, suppliers, organizations or sponsors
etc. All of these issues should be handled in private by the parties involved. Posts containing this
type of content will be removed and the poster given a warning.
Section 2. Advertising/Corporate Sponsors
1. Only Corporate Sponsors of the ODSC may advertise Commercial Business Services or
Products on this Website. Businesses interested in becoming a sponsor may contact the site
admin. Corporate Sponsors are given their own sub forum to communicate with customers,
advertise etc. They may also use the Classifieds Forum for advertising products. All forum
posting rules and guidelines apply.
2. Individual members/ site users may advertise personal items such as bikes and gear, parts &
equipment in the Classifieds forum. All forum posting rules and guidelines apply. Individuals may
post information (ie. Word of mouth) about other business services to answer specific questions or
solve problems posed by other users in the forums.
Section 3. Avatars
1. Users are permitted to utilise a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own (subject to previous
points on misuse of bandwidth). User defined avatars are to be no larger than 140 pixels square,
contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status, may not exceed
12kB in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers
or those prone to failure may be removed).
2. Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, and so forth.
3. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges
Section 4. Policing
1. ODSC.ON.CA operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum
of three times for any and all offences. On the third warning, an immediate 7 day posting ban will
be put in place for the user.
2. Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an
immediate additional warning. Should this reach three strikes, an immediate 7 day posting ban will
be put in place as detailed above.
3. Any attempt to circumvent a ban will lead to that ban being made permanent.
Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to
evade an IP ban, registering a new email account to evade an email ban. Circumvention includes
posting as an anonymous user.
4. An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via
any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an
immediate permanent ban.
5. Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While The
ODSC team may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.